Rules for Entering Adult Tournaments
- The A , B and C level tournaments are restricted to adults (with the exception of Juniors with adult playing privileges).
- Members may compete in either the A or B categories, but not both.
- Men who played on any of the 2017 A level teams at Kew Gardens (A1 or A2) and women who played on either of the 2017 Premiere (A1) teams are not eligible to play in B or C tournaments.
- Each side (singles or doubles) should bring a new can of balls to each match.
The winning side takes the new, unopened balls, which are then used for the next round of play. For semi and final rounds, the Club provides new balls.
- The signup sheets for all tournaments will be posted in the clubhouse.
- There will be specific entry deadlines for every tournament. Please confirm the deadline for each tournament with the Club Manager.
- The entry fee is $10.00 (inc HST) per player, per event and includes a two match minimum, consolation round, and a BBQ at the finals of each event.
- The draws and match start times will be posted in the clubhouse. It is the responsibility of players (and their doubles partners) to be on time for their matches.
- Players must be available to play all of the scheduled dates for each tournament entered. The 15 minute default rule may be instituted for late players or no shows.
- The annual Kew Open Tournament is open to all members of the Club (i.e. both adults and juniors).
- If there is enough interest, Kew may have a C tournament for singles/doubles
- If a player continually defaults out of Kew tournaments, this may affect his or her opportunity for playing in future Kew events.
Please Note: There will be no substitutions of players once a tournament has started.