|Men’s/Women’s Singles||Tues. Aug 8 to Sun. Aug 19|
|Mixed Doubles||Mon. Aug. 21 to Sun. Aug. 27|
|Men’s/Women’s Doubles||Tues. Sept. 5 to Sun. Sept. 17|
|Kew Open*||Final Sun. Aug 27|
|Ladder Tournament**||Mon. Sept. 11 to Sun. Sept. 17|
**Ladder Tournament – Men & Women. Top 8 players available to play after the third cycle. Minimum Cash prize for the winner is $250 and $100 to the finalist. Based on ladder participation, prize money could be higher.
*Kew Open revised format
- Deadline for entry is June 30th 2017
- Any Kew member of any age or gender may join.
- The matches will be played throughout the summer and each round will have a deadline
- It is up to the members participating to contact each other and complete the matches.
- The draw will be posted on-line and will also be emailed to each participant.
Finals on Sunday August 27th, 2017
Kew Gardens Tennis Ladder Information
Beginning Thursday June 1st, the 2017 Men’s and Women’s Singles Ladder will commence.
The format will be a box style ladder and will run for 3 cycles – 1 month per cycle – ending August 30th.
At the end of the 3rd cycle there will be a ladder tournament from Monday September 11 – Sunday September 17. The top 8 players available in both Men’s and Women’s divisions that played ALL 3 cycles will be eligible to compete. Prize Money will be paid out to the Winner and Finalist. Prize money will be based on a percentage of the monies collected for the ladder.
Bonus prize money equaling 10% of the total money collected will be distributed at the end of the year to the player(s) playing the most matches. If there is a tie, the money will be evenly distributed among the winners (less administrative costs)
To register for the ladder, you MUST come to the Kew Gardens clubhouse and sign up and pay the $20 fee in cash.
If any of the following information is not included clearly, you will not be added to the ladder.
- Full Name
- Contact Information (email and phone number)
- NTRP Rating
The deadline for the ladder registration is Sunday May 28th at 11am
***registrations cannot be made over the phone***
Each cycle has a mandatory 3 match minimum. Failure to play the minimum will result in the removal.
LADDER PLAY TIME
Ladder matches are arranged between participants and can be played at any time, however the times and days listed below are allocated specifically for ladder matches only. Courts can be booked at 9:30am on those designated days.
- The ladder will run from Jun 1 to Aug 30. There will be three thirty (30) day cycles.
- If a player in your group becomes injured and you have not played that person, you will automatically be given four (4) points.
- Injured players will be removed from the ladder until they are able to play again. Players unavailable to play during a cycle will be removed from the ladder and the rejoin the following cycle.
- Players who have difficulty reaching or arranging a game with another player must inform the ladder co-ordinator (Ira Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering a default. Defaults will be given at the discretion of the ladder co-ordinator and must be recorded as a default.
- New players entering the ladder will be placed into groups according to their NTRP rating.
- Players who play all of their matches during a cycle will receive 4 bonus points.
- At the end of a cycle, the club will draw up new divisions. The top player and/or the second player in each group may be promoted to the next group at the end of the cycle. The bottom player and/or second from the bottom may be demoted a group. However, if a player appears to be placed in a division significantly too low or too high, he or she may be promoted/demoted more than one division at a time.
- Where there are fewer than 6 players in a group, players in that group are to play the others in the group only once.
- Tennis matches are one pro-set, no-ad scoring. The first player to win 8 games wins. At 7 all, a 7 point tiebreaker will be played. A game or a tiebreaker must be finished for it to count. If you are unable to finish a match because your hour is up, or because you have been bumped by another member, please report the score to the last finished game.
- Players arriving more than 15 minutes late are subject to default.
- Points will be awarded in the following manner. Win= 4 points Tie= 2 points Loss= 1 point Default= 0 points
- Both players must supply a can of new balls at the beginning of the match. The loser keeps the used balls and the winner the new balls.
- Players are responsible for recording their own scores on the ladder sheet in the clubhouse.
- The ladder co-ordinator settles all disputes.
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!