Upcoming Court Availability
Junior hours, public hours and clay court maintenance times shown under Club Hours. Maximum of 2 courts may be reserved for lessons or clinics per the policy below (see policy for detailed times).
Court Usage Policy for Club Pros
Private, Semi-Private and Group Instruction
- The head pro and assistant pro will be allowed to teach private and group lessons, including team practices, etc. throughout the season (for members only), but will be restricted to a maximum of two courts. The Club does not guarantee that these courts will always be available, i.e. due to socials, round robins, team matches, etc.
- Subcontracting – Only the Head Pro and Assistant Pro have the authority to teach private lessons/clinics during the above stipulated times. Any third party sub-contracting must be approved on an individual basis by the Board.
- Lessons on clay courts are not permitted Tuesday and Thursday between 9am and 12pm due to Senior Round Robin play.
- The maximum number of courts allowed for teaching (including Junior Programs, Summer Camps, Adult Clinics, Private Lessons, etc.), except Saturday mornings, will be restricted to a total of five courts during any Club hours.
- During Team Nights, when 2 teams are playing at home, remaining courts shall be kept open for regular members and shall not be used for instruction.
- All tennis instruction to be restricted to Kew Instructor Staff hired by the Head Pro, exceptions only allowed with acceptance by the Board (represented by the President).
- All private lessons and clinics are restricted to Club Members only. Names of all members taking instruction are to be provided in advance to the Club Manager.
Schedule for Clay Court Usage by Tennis Pros
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday – 8:00 am until 12:00 pm, except Wednesday between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm during May and June due to Ladies Team matches. Only one clay court may be used for instruction.
- Tuesday & Thursday – 8:00 am to 9 a.m. only (limited due to Senior Tennis play). Only one clay court may be used for instruction.
- Saturday – 8:00 am until 12:00 pm for Junior Saturday Morning Program – all clay courts may be used.
- Sunday – 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Only one clay court may be used for instruction.
Schedule for Hard Court Usage by Tennis Pros
- Monday to Friday – 8:00-4:00 pm.
- Monday to Friday – 4:00-6:00 pm – hard courts will be available for Junior Program/Clinics.
- Saturday – 8:00 am – 1:00 pm for Junior Programs.
- Saturday from 1:00-7:00 pm. A maximum of two courts for private lessons/clinics.
- Sunday – 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. Only one hard court may be used for instruction.
- Sunday – 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. A maximum of two courts for private lessons/clinics. However, no courts are to be used for instruction from when the Intercounty Junior Mixed Team has home matches.
- No additional instruction shall be offered when any Junior programs are running